22 insight essays, 18 exclusive case studies and two powerful interviews with brand leaders set the scene for digital in 2014
How brands can speed up their innovation cycle, cultivate smarter, more responsive online communities and use the latest ethnographic research techniques to develop a stronger understanding of people’s motivations and behaviors are just three of the subjects tackled by digital’s smartest thinkers in the new edition of The SoDA Report.
These three essays sit alongside 19 other high-level contributions, 18 exclusive case studies and interviews with luminaries like Smart Things author and predictive analytics guru, Mike Kuniavsky.
Designed to keep brands, agencies and commentators aware of the issues that are likely to drive real business improvement in 2014, the report provides an action list for marketers in a complex and fast-changing world.
Brands such as KLM, Google, Yamaha, Burberry, Philips, Lenovo, Adobe, Lynx and Gulfstream are featured in the 18-strong case studies section.
The report is created by SoDA, the Global Society for Digital Marketing Innovators, and the voice of leading digital agencies and production companies worldwide. Now in its fifth year, the bi-annual trends publication is one of the most-read reports in the digital industry. The first edition of 2013, released in March, was viewed or downloaded by more than 150,000 people.
The Report’s five sections cover:
1. Industry Insider: trends, issues and best-in-class methods that are shaping the future of the digital agency and production company community worldwide.
2. Modern Marketer: client-side innovations that are delivering a new generation of success stories in digital marketing.
3. People Power: education and talent cultivation within the industry, including UX and the power of human understanding.
4. Tech Talk: future technology developments and trends impacting the industry and likely to have a powerful impact in 2014.
5. Advocacy: communicating collective power and positions around key issues impacting digital agencies and production companies globally.
Some of the most provocative and thought-provoking articles are:
• The Digital Agency Paradox (teaching clients to do what we do) by David Maren, EffectiveUI
• Brands: How to Get Agile with your Agency by Jack Skeels, AgencyAgile
• Integrating Multiple Agencies into One Brand Team, by Stacie Hoffmeister
• Simple and Valuable Recruiting Advice, by Matt Paddock, Grow Interactive
• The Personalization of Everything, by Stephen Foxworthy, Reactive
• Consumer Control: Coming to a Store Near You, by Alessandra Lariu, SheSays
• A Call to (Legal) Action, by Brad Gross, SoDA
Chris Buettner, SoDA executive director and managing editor of The SoDA Report, said: “Keeping abreast of digital innovation is increasingly critical for marketers and agencies that want to be successful in 2014. This report gives not just a look at some of the most successful campaigns of 2013 but also key insights that will help readers ensure they don’t get left behind in this fast-changing business.”
The SoDA Report is free to download as a PDF from http://www.slideshare.net/sodaspeaks and will be released soon for tablets.
About SoDA – The Global Society for Digital Marketing Innovators
SoDA serves as a network and voice for entrepreneurs and innovators around the globe who are creating the future of marketing and digital experiences. Our members (top digital agencies and elite production companies) come by invitation only and hail from 25+ countries across five continents. Adobe is SoDA’s founding organizational sponsor.