Ad Tech’s Preeminent Publisher Platform Highlights a Year of Industry, Company Growth
Redwood City, CA and New York, NY — PubMatic, a leader in the advertising technology industry, today highlighted several year-end milestones achieved in 2013. With the industry’s only true “One Platform” solution, providing a heightened commitment to premium publishers and leading brands—including a host of global comScore publishers—PubMatic closed out the year with a strong upward trajectory in 2013, helping lead the advertising technology industry to unprecedented growth. Some of the industry’s key trends in the past year include:
- The mass adoption of Real-Time Bidding (RTB), a technology pioneered by PubMatic;
- The growth of Private Marketplace (PMP) as the first step in a programmatic direct strategy;
- The sharp rise of cross-platform solutions to deliver display, mobile, video, and rich media;
- And the adoption of unified sales channel management solutions to help publishers drive greater revenue and efficiency.
In addition to capitalizing on these industry trends, PubMatic demonstrated unmatched growth for a publisher-focused platform in a variety of areas in 2013, including:
- Rapid Revenue Growth: Included on Deloitte’s Fast 500 list of rapidly growing companies for the second year in a row, PubMatic’s revenue continued to surge in 2013 with breakout growth.
- International Expansion: With revenue in Europe increasing 176 percent, with Australian operations growing tenfold, with 100 percent quarter-over-quarter revenue increase in APAC, and with new presence in more than a dozen international markets, PubMatic continues to rapidly expand around the globe.
- Differentiation With the Human API: PubMatic expanded its clients’ access to deep market insights and consultative service with the launch of a consulting line of business.
- Ramped Up Hiring: PubMatic’s global team is growing at a fast pace, with more than 100 employees in the process of joining the company, bringing the total to 400.
- Investment in Infrastructure: PubMatic opened new offices in Sydney, New York, and London, and a global headquarters in Redwood City, CA, as well as three state-of-the-art data centers in New York, Amsterdam, and Silicon Valley that manage over 10 terabytes of data daily.
“To say it has been a big year for us is an understatement,” said PubMatic’s CEO Rajeev Goel. “From products to services to revenue, the numbers speak for themselves, and the story they tell is one of growth that continues at an accelerated pace.”
With programmatic platforms becoming more and more a staple of the advertising business for both buyers and sellers, PubMatic is uniquely positioned to answer this growing demand with both technological and service solutions. The coming year will see PubMatic reveal a range of new innovations in mobile, video, and programmatic guaranteed as well as continued international growth, with anticipated launches in Brazil, Japan, and Singapore.
“We’re excited to be leading the way for publishers’ resurgence for the digital age,” said Kirk McDonald, President of PubMatic. “While having best-in-class service and solutions across every screen is critical to the industry’s success, we’ve only reached the tip of the iceberg for our company’s track record of success.”
PubMatic is the technology platform that powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video. PubMatic’s One Platform, proprietary technology and advanced mobile capabilities are utilized by a global roster of comScore publishers. Pioneering online auctions for the buying and selling of media through Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and Private Marketplace (PMP), the company also works with hundreds of advertising partners. Ranked by Deloitte as one of the fastest growing companies in the US Internet sector in both 2012 and 2013, PubMatic has offices worldwide with headquarters in Redwood City, California.