DENVER – SpotXchange, the trusted platform for video advertising, announced corporate milestones for 2014. Most notably, the company reported net revenue growth for the first three quarters of 2014 of 136 percent compared to the first three quarters of 2013, with programmatic revenue increasing a stunning 282 percent.
“We’re excited for what 2015 has in store as we continue our mission to give publishers and advertisers around the globe the best in class video advertising platform and services.”
Product Innovation and Global Expansion
SpotXchange provides a robust video advertising platform for publishers, focusing on holistic inventory management. The core features of the technology include ad serving, programmatic infrastructure, and advanced analytics.
SpotXchange has made great strides towards global expansion in 2014, bolstered by RTL Group’s recent acquisition of a majority stake in the company. RTL Group, the leading European entertainment network, has already begun to implement SpotXchange’s programmatic technology with some of its European operations, starting with RTL Nederland’s Videostrip and IP Deutschland’s Netzathleten Media.
“This has been an incredible year for SpotXchange as we’ve experienced tremendous growth in revenue, and taken huge steps towards global expansion and the continued innovation of our programmatic video technology,” said Mike Shehan, CEO of SpotXchange. “We’re excited for what 2015 has in store as we continue our mission to give publishers and advertisers around the globe the best in class video advertising platform and services.”
Corporate Milestones and Record-breaking Numbers
- Signed over 240 new platform clients including E.W. Scripps, BonnierCorp, The Epoch Times, Cox Digital, The Atlantic and Meredith Video Studios.
- SpotXchange’s international revenue, driven by the company’s operations in Europe and APAC, grew 173 percent for the first three quarters of 2014 compared to the same period in 2013. During this period, the company’s international programmatic revenue has grown 340 percent.
- Mobile represented the fastest growing segment in the business for the second year in a row, with mobile and connected TV revenues increasing 84 percent from Q2 to Q3 in 2014. SpotXchange is now seeing over 8.5 billion monthly mobile ad opportunities across mobile web and mobile apps as of November 2014.
- Over three billion video ad decisions are now processed through the SpotXchange platform daily.
- Global uniques (reach in visitors) have increased 3X since 2012.
- Daily global uniques increased to over 50 million/day in November 2014, compared to 15.8 million/day in November of 2013.
- Company headcount grew from 121 at the end of 2013 to 192 by the end of November 2014, and aggressive global recruitment across all fields will continue into 2015.
- The engineering organization (software development, QA, data science, and systems) grew by 150 percent this year. SpotXchange also opened a new development office in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- New office opened in San Francisco and established a presence in Singapore, with plans to open offices in the Netherlands and Germany in early 2015.
- PrograMatch summits in London, New York and San Francisco brought together premium publishers and advertisers to form strategic deals – attendees included representatives from Netflix, Zynga, NDN, Quiznos, BonnierCorp, Time Inc. and more.
- Selected as a Red Herring Top 100 North America Winner and included in Built In Colorado’s list of the top 100 digital companies in Colorado.
SpotXchange is the trusted video advertising platform offering premium publishers holistic inventory management in order to maximize revenue for desktop, mobile and connected TV inventory while driving down operational costs. Publishers leverage SpotXchange’s ad serving, programmatic technology, and private marketplace capabilities to operate effectively in an increasingly complex digital ecosystem while gaining unprecedented transparency, insight and control over the buying behavior of today’s leading brands. Over three billion video ad decisions are processed through the SpotXchange platform daily, with ads delivered to 335+ million people in over 100 countries per month. Headquartered north of Denver, SpotXchange has offices in New York, San Francisco, London, and Sydney and is consistently the top comScore video property for video ads served. For more information, please visit www.spotxchange.com and follow SpotXchange on Twitter @SpotXchange.