Company’s total revenue grows 20% and programmatic revenue grows 750% year-over-year, as its network now delivers over 40 million completed ad engagements per day
SAN FRANCISCO — Tapjoy, the Maximum Impact Platform™ for mobile advertisers and app developers, announced it was named the exclusive advertising provider for Jurassic World Alive, the hit mobile game developed by Ludia, a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games, in partnership with Universal Games and Digital Platforms.
Tapjoy’s ad platform grew to reach about 780 million mobile consumers per month, generating an average of more than 40 million completed ad engagements per day, as its network also added big name apps such as Voodoo’s Helix Jump, Jam City’s Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, PerBlue Entertainment’s Disney Heroes: Battle Mode, and others.
Tapjoy’s revenue has grown 20% year-over-year for 2018 to date, while Q3 represented its best financial quarter ever in the company’s 10 year history with a 30% year-over-year growth rate. In addition, Tapjoy strategically focused its efforts on programmatic supply and demand, which saw an impressive 750% year-over-year revenue growth rate.
“We are very excited to work with Ludia and Universal to power the in-game advertising for Jurassic World Alive,” said Benjamin Chen, Tapjoy’s SVP & GM, Global Developer Relations. “By bringing some of the biggest brands and best ad creative to a game with such popular Intellectual Property, we are once again proving the power of rewarded advertising to deliver value for all parties involved — the publisher, advertisers and consumers as well.”
Jurassic World Alive uses Augmented Reality to let players explore their own neighborhoods searching for a variety of dinosaurs featured in the movies Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom™. The app has generated more than 11 million installs since launch and quickly became a Top 5 free game in over 30 countries on both the App Store and Google Play app stores, where it has a combined user rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. Tapjoy is the game’s exclusive provider of all video and Offerwall ads.
“We chose Tapjoy as the exclusive provider of ad-based monetization for Jurassic World Alive because the team has proven it can deliver on our needs for big-brand ad demand and highly engaging ad experiences,” said Francois Daoud, Vice President of Marketing at Ludia. “Tapjoy’s Interplay Ads extend and complement our unique game while giving our players a simple and exciting way to take part in the app’s virtual economy.”
During the first half of the year, Tapjoy added hundreds of new apps from some of the biggest names in mobile publishing. New apps supported by Tapjoy in 2018 include:
- Voodoo’s Tornado.io!. Reaching #1 in the Top Free Games category of the US App Store, Tornado.io! asks users to play the role of a tornado and destroy everything in their path. With a 4.7/5 user rating, Tornado.io! is one of the most original and well-liked apps of the year.
- Jam City’s Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Based on the immensely popular Harry Potter IP, this game is reported to have raked in more than $60 million since its April 2018 launch.
- PerBlue Entertainment’s Disney Heroes: Battle Mode. Starring Disney and Pixar heroes from The Incredibles, Wreck-It Ralph, Toy Story, Zootopia and more, this action-packed RPG was one of the most anticipated releases of 2018.
- TinyCo’s Marvel Avengers Academy. This free-to-play game has been going strong since it first launched in 2016, and by adding new characters this year such as Black Panther and Voyager, the game shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.
- Playgendary’s Tomb of the Mask. Arriving to rave reviews, this infinite vertical labyrinth game tasks players with navigating and collecting coins while avoiding the dangerous forces they’re trying to outrun.
Tapjoy partners with big-brand advertisers through a direct managed service or programmatically via our PMP with The Rubicon Project. Tapjoy partners with Nickelodeon, 20th Century Fox, Hulu, Target, Sony Pictures, adidas, Pandora, P&G, Facebook and hundreds of other advertisers in entertainment, CPG, finance, QSR, retail, automotive and other fields to deliver value exchange ad campaigns that allow consumers to earn rewards inside their favorite apps. From rewarded videos and interactive rich media ads to surveys, app installs, subscriptions and other offer-based advertisements, Tapjoy provides a variety of options for advertisers to reach and engage consumers.
Tapjoy launched the Interplay™ Studio earlier this year to design custom-branded ads optimized for the mobile gaming environment. The studio leverages Tapjoy’s expertise in mobile gaming and value exchange advertising to develop contextually relevant Rich Media ads, Playables and Interactive End Cards for mobile video ads.
Tapjoy’s Maximum Impact Platform™ provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy’s diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our tech mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 25,000 mobile apps, reaching 780 million monthly active users. A 2016 comScore™ study confirmed Tapjoy Interplay ads deliver an unprecedented 3x lift across all brand metrics. The company works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers. Founded in 2007, Tapjoy is a global organization with more than a dozen offices worldwide and is headquartered in San Francisco.