Slate of senior-level hires and expanded U.S. presence positions company to drive further growth in its data-driven marketing and advertising business.
SAN FRANCISCO — AdRoll Group, a leading marketing technology as a service company, announced the company achieved 16 percent revenue growth in the second quarter of 2019, and that it expects growth to continue to accelerate in the second half of this year. The company’s profit has grown by 300 percent year-over-year, and headcount is forecasted to grow 35 percent over the next twelve months as the company scales into rapidly emerging software and data opportunities.
“Over the past year we have deepened and diversified our product offerings in our two business units, hired top-level talent, and expanded our PaaS offering”
AdRoll Group also reported a strong sales pipeline across its RollWorks and AdRoll business units, which serve ambitious B2B and DTC companies respectively. To support and drive this growth further, the company made several key hires at senior levels over the past quarter. Additionally, AdRoll Group recently opened new offices in Boston and Salt Lake City, with plans to double headcount at its Salt Lake City office, to more than 100 employees, by 2020.
Drivers of the company’s growth extend across AdRoll Group.
- AdRoll Group is driving growth by capturing new platform as a service (PaaS) and licensing revenue, in addition to the revenue generated by its AdRoll and RollWorks business units. For example, by leveraging its highly scaled marketing and advertising platform as well as its Identity Graph that boasts 1.2 billion digital profiles, AdRoll Group has not only found new ways to help companies improve and accelerate their marketing and advertising capabilities, but enabled some companies to offer these capabilities as entirely new revenue streams.
- RollWorks is focused on enabling B2B companies to confidently grow their revenue with its account-based platform. The fast-growing business unit now has 67 percent of its revenue tied to SaaS contracts.
- AdRoll growth is being propelled by expanded solutions that allow customers to better connect with buyers across the entire customer journey, with revenue increasing from advertising offerings as well as new products including onsite personalization, email and measurement.
“Over the past year we have deepened and diversified our product offerings in our two business units, hired top-level talent, and expanded our PaaS offering,” said Toby Gabriner, CEO of AdRoll Group. “Most importantly, our customers are telling us that our products and solutions are driving tangible business results that positively impact their bottom lines. As we look toward the rest of the year and into 2020, we will be releasing more industry-leading marketing and advertising products that enable our customers to accelerate their growth.”
Expanding AdRoll Group’s Leadership Ranks
Over the last quarter, AdRoll Group has made the following leadership hires across its global operations:
- Justin Cooperman is the new vice president of product for RollWorks, coming from Marketo with previous roles at Microsoft and Qualcomm.
- Jason Finkelstein joined as senior vice president of marketing for AdRoll, having formerly served as CMO for Traitify and AVG Technologies.
- Murray Grigo-McMahon was named head of design at AdRoll Group, having led design and UX across agencies, Adobe, Qlik and his own consultancy. Grigo-McMahon will lead AdRoll Group UX from San Francisco.
- Sapna Kapur was hired as vice president of finance at AdRoll Group, after working 12 years at Google. Kapur will manage AdRoll Group controllership, FP&A, strategic planning and corporate development teams.
- Dan Rapaport joins as vice president of product for AdRoll, bringing experience from his work at PubMatic, Oracle, Symantec, and Yahoo!.
- Mike Stocker was named vice president of strategic partnerships at RollWorks. Drawing from his experience at Facebook, Vidyard and Marketo, Stocker will lead and grow the partner ecosystem at RollWorks.
- Danielle Thoeni joins as vice president of revenue operations at AdRoll Group, after time with Cisco, eBay and SurveyMonkey. Thoeni will focus on boosting productivity and efficiency across AdRoll Group’s customer-facing teams.
About AdRoll Group
AdRoll Group has been on a mission to accelerate growth for companies, big and small, since 2007. Our technology powers a suite of data-driven marketing and advertising solutions, AdRoll – for ambitious DTC companies and RollWorks – for ambitious B2B companies. AdRoll Group has empowered over 37,000 AdRoll and RollWorks customers worldwide to understand, attract and engage buyers, driving growth for their businesses.
AdRoll Group is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. AdRoll Group’s solutions honor the best practices for data use and privacy of leading associations including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) App Choices programs. Learn more about AdRoll Group at adrollgroup.com
AdRoll and RollWorks are trademarks of AdRoll Group.