The Awards set the standard for editorial, commercial, partnership and publishing excellence, with the deadline for this year’s entries falling on 19th March 2020. The winners will be announced at the AOP Awards dinner, on 17th June 2020 at Old Billingsgate, London.
Now in their 18th year, the annual Awards recognise true enterprise and innovation from publishers, advertisers, agencies, and suppliers alike. There are 26 categories for 2020, including the introduction of two new categories, Best Podcast Strategy which recognises the phenomenal growth of podcasts, and Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy which identifies innovative, effective models based on driving subscription growth, membership models, live events, or ecommerce ventures. All categories are open to members and non-members of the AOP.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts representing all corners of the industry and will include, Jenna Rak, Head of Audience Growth at Condé Nast; Lara Izlan, Advertising Data & Analytics Director at ITV; Caroline Mastromauro, Digital Investment Manager at Zenith; Andy Roughton, Managing Director at Business Because; and Stephen Wilson-Beales, Head of Editorial at Global.
“The digital publishing landscape is ever-changing so it’s important we take time to recognise those who have surpassed expectations, and produced quality digital content. The industry continues to evolve and in acknowledgment of this we have introduced the Diversification of Commercial Strategy category to celebrate the new ways publishers are building non-advertising revenue”, said Richard Reeves, Managing Director at AOP. “The Digital Publishing Awards provide a great opportunity for publishers to highlight how they are successfully addressing the challenging issues within the industry, and how they can provide innovative solutions to pave the way to a safer and cleaner digital publishing ecosystem”.
“PubMatic is once again proud to be the headline sponsor of the AOP Digital Publishing Awards, an event that acknowledges the achievements of companies and individuals in the digital publishing sector,” commented Emma Newman, EMEA, CRO at PubMatic. “We are honoured to be involved in such a well renowned event, and look forward once again to celebrating the innovative and creative work produced over the last year.”
The full list of categories is as follows:
- Digital Journalist of the Year
- Digital Editor of the Year
- Digital Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
- Digital Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
- Best Use of Video
- Best Podcast Strategy
- The Local Hero Award for Regional Digital Journalism Supported by Google News Initiative
- Best Media Technology Partner
- Best Commercial Partnership
- Best Creative Solutions Led / Content Marketing Campaign
- Best Diversification of Commercial Strategy
- Digital Advertising Operations Team of the Year
- Digital Sales Team of the Year
- Digital Sales Person of the Year
- Audience Development Team of the Year
- Best Research / Insight Project
- Digital Publishing Rising Star 2019
- Product Development Team of the Year
- Best Digital Publishing Innovation
- Best Use of Data
- The Digital Publishing Award for Employer Excellence
- Best Online Brand: Consumer
- Best Online Brand: B2B
- Best Small Digital Publisher of the Year
- Digital Publishing Company of the Year B2B
- Digital Publishing Company of Year Consumer
Entries should be made online and can be entered here.
For more information visit https://www.ukaop.org/awards2020.
About the Association for Online Publishing
The Association for Online Publishing (AOP) is an industry body representing digital publishing companies that create original, branded, quality content. AOP champions the interests of media owners from diverse backgrounds including newspaper and magazine publishing, TV and radio broadcasting, and pure online media. For more information, please visit www.ukaop.org.