New Board Members Provide Vital Input and Leadership Regarding On-going Industry Initiatives
NEW YORK – The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) (www.mmaglobal.com) announced its 2009 North American Board of Directors. The MMA Board of Directors will provide leadership and strategic guidance for the association and its continued growth and support of its members. Some of the key focus areas for the Board this year will be on accelerating the growth the mobile marketing and advertising through major initiatives on the protection of consumer privacy and mobile measurement and metrics.
The maturity of mobile marketing in the past year has brought tremendous opportunity and growth to the MMA, which now has a total of four regional offices spanning the globe in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America. For the remainder of 2009 and beyond, the MMA will work with its Board of Directors and its member companies to lead the way in championing Consumer Best Practices and Global Mobile Advertising Guidelines to the industry at-large.
The Board of Directors for North America includes the following elected, sustaining and honorary members:
* Michael Becker, Vice President Mobile Strategies, iLoop Mobile, Inc.
* Jordan Berman, Executive Director, Media Innovation, AT&T – Converged Services
* Tom Daly, Group Manager, Strategy & Planning, The Coca-Cola Company
* Venetia Espinoza, Group Manager, Mobile Applications and Partner Programs, T-Mobile USA
* Jeffrey Glass, Partner, Bain Capital Ventures
* Louis Gump, Vice President, Mobile, The Weather Channel Interactive
* David Katz, Vice President, Mobile Advertising and Publisher Services, Yahoo!
* Nick MacIlveen, Senior Director, Strategic Corporate Development and Industry Relations, OpenMarket
* Maria Mandel, Senior Partner – Executive Director Digital Innovation, Ogilvy
* David Oberholzer, VP, Corporate Development, Brightkite
* Diana Pouliot, Director, Mobile Advertising, Google
* Jack Philbin, President and Co Founder, Vibes Media
* Paul Palmieri, President and CEO, Millennial Media
* Julia Resnick, Vice President, Mobile Media Solutions, The Nielsen Company
* Lisa-Anne Uhrmacher, GM, Mobile Advertising, Sprint-Nextel
* Richard Williams, Executive Director, Digital Media Operations, Verizon
“The Mobile Marketing Association is pleased to announce its elected Board of Directors for 2009,” said Mike Wehrs, CEO and president of the MMA. “As we continue to champion the rights of consumers as well as lay the groundwork for the industry to continue to mature and drive the revenues that everyone expects, the regional Board of Directors plays a significant role in our evolution. The MMA extends its gratitude to the 2008 Board Members who have contributed their strategic guidance this past year.”
The MMA’s next North American event for mobile marketing, the Mobile Marketing Forum, will be held June 2-3 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York. For more information, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. The MMA is an action-oriented organization designed to clear obstacles to market development, establish mobile media guidelines and best practices for sustainable growth, and evangelize the use of the mobile channel. The more than 700 member companies, representing over forty countries around the globe, include all members of the mobile media ecosystem. The Mobile Marketing Association’s global headquarters are located in the United States and it has regional chapters including North America (NA), Europe, Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC) branches. For more information, please visit www.mmaglobal.com. For information relating to the MMA’s Mobile Marketing Forum series, please visit www.mobilemarketingforum.com.