Rubicon Project Grants Inducement Equity Awards

LOS ANGELES – Rubicon Project (NYSE: RUBI), a leader in advertising automation with one of the industry’s largest independent real-time trading platforms for the buying and selling of advertising, announced that in connection with the completion of its acquisition of iSocket, Inc., it granted 132,000 stock options and 126,050 restricted stock units to 29 former iSocket employees who have become employees of Rubicon Project.

The stock options will vest and become exercisable with respect to 25% of the underlying shares on November 17, 2015, and with respect to the remaining 75% of the underlying shares in 36 equal consecutive monthly installments thereafter.

On May 15, 2016, approximately 35.4% of the restricted stock units will vest, and an additional 12.5% will vest each subsequent May 15 and November 15.

The stock options and RSUs were issued as employment inducement awards in accordance with Section 303A.08 of the NYSE Listed Company Manual, which requires disclosure of the awards via this press release.

About Rubicon Project

Rubicon Project (NYSE: RUBI) has engineered the Advertising Automation Cloud, one of the largest real-time cloud and Big Data computing systems. The Company’s mission is to automate the buying and selling of advertising by offering innovative products to connect buyers and sellers globally. @RubiconProject