Partnership Leverages Vast Financial News Sites within AOL’s MediaGlow Publishing Business to Maximize Consumer Reach
Plan Includes Targeting AOL News for the First Time
NEW YORK – AOL’s Platform-A announced a 2009 strategic partnership with Scottrade, a leading branch-supported online investment firm that offers a full line of investment products, online trading services and market research tools to help investors take control of their financial future. This year’s partnership extends Scottrade’s Platform-A relationship to reach consumers via advertising and distribution solutions within MediaGlow’s financial-related content properties, such as AOL Money & Finance, Walletpop.com, Bloggingstocks.com, and AOL News. As part of the deal, Scottrade has also been included as a Featured Broker on AOL Money & Finance.
“Platform-A is pleased to build on our existing relationship with Scottrade in 2009, and we’re looking forward to delivering the scale and efficiency that Scottrade has come to expect from our advertising solutions,” said Greg Coleman, President of Platform-A. “We’re pleased that Scottrade is utilizing the consumer reach of both AOL Money & Finance and, for the first time, AOL News. The combined reach of MediaGlow’s leading properties will allow Scottrade to reach even more consumers with a strong brand message at a time when consumers are seeking reliable news and information so they can make their own investing decisions.”
“Scottrade saw strong results in 2008 working with Platform-A, so we’re eager to strengthen our advertising relationship this year,” said Chris Moloney, Scottrade chief marketing officer. “By targeting consumers in both AOL Money & Finance and AOL News, we have a strong opportunity to reach consumers who are actively interested in sound investment information.”
Scottrade is targeting media on leading sites within MediaGlow, AOL’s recently formed publishing business that lets marketers leverage branding opportunities across more than 70 high-quality publishing assets. Scottrade’s media rotation will focus on:
* AOL Money & Finance: AOL Money & Finance reaches more than 16 million monthly unique visitors, and more than 509 million monthly page views representing growth of nearly 52% year-over-year.* In 2008, AOL Money & Finance, http://money.aol.com/, launched real-time quotes on its stock pages, a new financial video hub, and upgraded many of its investing and portfolio management tools. AOL Money & Finance currently features CNBC video content and continues to add more video content partners.
* Walletpop.com: Walletpop, http://www.walletpop.com, is a blog that provides information about savings, retirement, budgeting, insurance and more to provide a comprehensive resource for consumers so that they can mange their personal finance needs.
* Bloggingstocks.com: Bloggingstocks.com is one of the leading financial blogs on the Web, which delivers daily commentary, thought-provoking analysis and in-depth coverage of financial news of the day on the top S&P 500 stocks. BloggingStocks.com, http://www.bloggingstocks.com/, has been named to SmartMoney Magazine’s Power 30 investment blogs.
* AOL News: AOL News, http://www.news.aol.com, is one of the top online news sites. AOL News seen significant growth, with page views up 82% year-over-year in January, unique visitors up 16%, and total minutes spent online up 22%.*
In 2009, MediaGlow is expected to increase its offerings with the creation of more than 30 editorially curated sites. MediaGlow joins Platform-A, the industry’s largest domestic digital advertising platform, and People Networks, the company’s social media unit, as the third core business for AOL, signaling the completion of the company’s transformation to an advertising-supported business.
Platform A was established by integrating AOL’s advertising business, Advertising.com, TACODA, Quigo and others to provide marketers with an efficient, effective means to leverage display, video, mobile, contextual, affiliate and search marketing solutions at scale. The mission of Platform-A is to enable marketers to reach their targeted audiences at scale through delivery of highly engaging and effective advertising for maximum value and results.
* According to January 2009 comScore Media Metrix data.
Platform-A, AOL’s advertising business, reaching 91%* of the U.S. Internet audience, is the industry’s largest digital advertising platform. Platform-A offers the most comprehensive suite of marketing solutions, powered by the Web’s best advertising technologies. Platform-A includes AOL’s leading media properties – AOL.com, AIM, MapQuest, and more – and Advertising.com’s third-party networks. Platform-A also includes TACODA’s audience insights and behavioral targeting; Quigo, a site- and content-targeting solution; ADTECH, an international digital ad serving business; Third Screen Media, a mobile ad serving network; and buy.at, an affiliate marketing solution. Platform-A currently has operations in the United States, nine countries across Europe, including Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and Japan through a joint venture with Mitsui. Learn more at http://www.platform-a.com.
As a leading online investment firm, Scottrade offers a full line of investment products, online trading services and market research tools to help investors take control of their financial future. Scottrade provides customers the convenience of buying many stocks online at just $7 per trade and the support of the largest branch network among online investment firms, with more than 375 nationwide branch offices. Named Highest in Investor Satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates, Scottrade is dedicated to exceptional customer service and unprecedented value. Scottrade is also one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” in America. For more information, visit www.scottrade.com.
* According to January 2009 comScore Media Metrix data.