AudienceScience Leverages AdXpose to Help Protect Clients’ Brands
Mpire Partners With comScore to Enhance AdXpose’s Demographic Campaign Performance
New York City – Mpire, the market-leading advertising verification and optimization technology company, announced that it has added proactive ad blocking to its patent-pending AdXpose™, a comprehensive suite of solutions and services that significantly improve the performance of online ad campaigns while protecting brands from fraud and content adjacency issues.
The new offering enables brand advertisers and agencies to set rules and guidelines that prevent their ads from appearing next to questionable content or on sites that could diminish the brand. AdXpose ad blocker was unveiled at the AlwaysOn OnMedia 100 event in New York, where Mpire was recognized for the second consecutive year as one of the top 100 private companies in the digital media space.
AdXpose analyzes the content on publisher sites in real-time, and cross-references it with the prescribed rules set by the advertiser. If content adjacency issues are discovered, AdXpose prevents the ad from being served, which protects the brand, improves campaign performance and saves the advertiser money.
“With ad blocking, AdXpose gives brand advertisers an additional layer of security and peace of mind so they can promote their trusted brands online with greater confidence,” said Kirby Winfield, chief revenue officer, Mpire. “But that’s just the beginning. Only AdXpose offers the ability to see what is really happening with an online campaign beyond simple ad verification, in terms of site level transparency, viewable impressions, fraudulent activity, user engagement and performance – all within a single, integrated solution. We call this Safety+.”
“As a part of our brand safe initiatives we partner with AdXpose to provide third party validation,” said Jeff Hirsch president and CEO of AudienceScience. “We appreciate AdXpose’s integrated tools, analytics and real-time reporting capabilities, which help us provide our clients with excellent service.”
The ad blocking service complements AdXpose’s existing campaign verification and optimization solutions, which ensure that advertisers get what they pay for; improve campaign performance and provide brand protection; combat fraud; and reduce wasted ad spend. The comprehensive domain analysis technology provides users with:
– Verification – AdXpose enables advertisers to track their campaigns at the impression level, so they know exactly when and where their ads appear online, whether they were visible, below the fold, daisy-chained across multiple ad exchanges or hidden among nested I-Frames. AdXpose goes beyond traditional placement verification by tracking performance against domain, geographic, demographic, classification and other campaign goals.
– Media Optimization – Real-time, impression-level reporting provides unparalleled campaign transparency and actionable intelligence, enabling media buyers to shift their ad dollars to only the best performing sites. It enforces performance agreements with ad networks, exchanges and direct publishers.
– Creative Optimization – Using AdXpose’s unique “heat mapping” user engagement technology, advertisers can see exactly how, and for how long, users interacted with their ad. Armed with this information, advertisers and agencies can adjust the ad copy or creative to improve ad performance, resulting in higher click throughs and conversions.
– Security – By analyzing and comparing impression level verification, click-through and user engagement data, AdXpose can detect traditional click and impression fraud, as well as new fraud tactics such as URL Padding, Ad Stuffing, Domain Spoofing and more. This helps media buyers optimize their campaigns and also pursue restitution for infringed performance agreements. At the same time, ad blocking protects a brand from content adjacency issues before the ad is served.
– Alerting – Advertisers and agencies can set real-time alerts on any measured metric (geo, demo, impressions, in-views, etc.) to proactively manage their campaigns for activity that may fall outside predetermined limits or trafficking orders. The new Alerts capability facilitates real-time campaign optimization during the campaign, versus reporting on the results post-campaign.
In addition to the new ad blocking, alerting, and other capabilities, AdXpose is using comScore data to provide better visibility into demographic and audience performance on a campaign. “We’re excited to be working with AdXpose to enhance the demographic and audience information they’re providing to their clients’ digital ad campaigns with their verification and optimization tools,” said Daryl McNutt, VP Marketing Solutions at comScore.
AdXpose Analytics help advertisers and platforms verify and optimize billions of campaign data points captured in real time. Agencies representing the major holding companies, multiple Demand Side Platforms, and more than 20% of the comScore Ad Focus Top 40 Properties, currently run the AdXpose technology.
Mpire is the market-leading advertising optimization technology company that is evolving traditional online advertising into a more relevant and engaging medium for publishers and advertisers. Its patent-pending AdXpose™ is the first and only verification and optimization technology that gives brand marketers and agencies transparency and confidence anywhere their ads run across the Internet, including exchanges, ad networks and direct publisher placements. Backed by Draper Fisher Jurvetson and Ignition Partners, Mpire is based in Seattle, Washington.