Clive Punter to Lead Expanded Team of Online Advertising Veterans, Including New Hires from McCann Worldgroup, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network with more than 100 million members worldwide, announced several additions to its global advertising sales organization. The personnel moves, which include the addition of several new roles at the company, will better position the company’s Marketing Solutions team to meet the broad marketing and advertising goals of the world’s leading BtoB and “prosumer” brands. The changes announced are as follows:
– Clive Punter will lead the organization as the Global Managing Director of Marketing Solutions, based in London. Clive will focus on global strategy and growth initiatives for Marketing Solutions and will report to Mike Gamson, Senior Vice President, Global Sales at LinkedIn. Clive joined LinkedIn in September 2010 after nearly 15 years at CBS Outdoor. He served as Director of International Sales and COO of Europe and Asia before being appointed International CEO of CBS Outdoor in 2007.
– Jonathan Lister will serve as Vice President, North America Sales for Marketing Solutions. Jonathan joined LinkedIn last July as Country Manager in Canada, and quickly became Managing Director for Canada and Latin America. In that position, he was responsible for driving revenue, building user engagement, strategic partnerships, marketing and general operations. Jonathan will now take on the lead field sales role for all of North America. Prior to LinkedIn, Jonathan was Country Manager at Google Canada, responsible for creating and executing the business strategy for Google Canada, and he held several executive positions at AOL.
– Emily Ketchen joins LinkedIn as Director, Global Agency Relations. She will be responsible for the relationships with all major advertising and marketing agencies around the world. This is a new position at LinkedIn, and reflects the growing demand from larger advertisers who plan and buy through agencies. Emily comes to LinkedIn from McCann Worldgroup San Francisco, where she was a senior vice president and group account director.
– Josh Graff recently joined LinkedIn as Sales Director for EMEA. In this role, he is responsible for growing the Marketing Solutions business across the region. Before joining LinkedIn, Joshua ran EMEA/APAC media sales and business development at Electronics Arts, overseeing EA’s media sales relationships with sport’s leagues including the NFL, NBA and NHL and securing key partnerships with European brands including Renault, Vodafone and Adidas.
– Alison Engel joins LinkedIn as the Director of Field Marketing for Marketing Solutions. Alison comes to LinkedIn from Microsoft, where she was the Marketing Director supporting their advertising business. Prior to that, she held senior roles at Massive Inc., HBO, Goldman Sachs and CBS Television.
– Steve Patrizi will be leaving LinkedIn after three and a half years to pursue the next step in his career. Formerly the Vice President of Marketing Solutions, Steve has played an important role in building the Marketing Solutions business and bringing it to where it is today.
“Every day, more marketers and advertisers are recognizing that there is no better online platform to reach the most influential, affluent and highly-educated audience than LinkedIn,” said Gamson. “Now is the time for us to take the Marketing Solutions business to the next level, and to do that, we’re bringing on some of the most experienced and talented people in the industry – from big agencies and big brands – while giving current LinkedIn talent more responsibility. These moves poise LinkedIn Marketing Solutions – one of the primary revenue drivers for the company – for accelerated growth.”
LinkedIn Marketing Solutions helps marketers and advertisers reach and engage with exactly the right audiences on LinkedIn through a suite of self-serve products and custom enterprise solutions. LinkedIn has more than 33,000 Marketing Solutions customers taking advantage of a broad suite of products and services, from highly-targeted display ads to uniquely LinkedIn offerings, such as Company Pages and Custom Groups. In the last year, Marketing Solutions revenue grew more than 94 percent to nearly $27.7 million in the first quarter of 2011. Learn more at: http://marketing.linkedin.com.
LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 100 million members in over 200 countries and territories. The LinkedIn website launched in 2003 and currently counts executives from all Fortune 500 companies as members. The company is privately-held and has a diversified business model with revenues coming from user subscriptions, advertising sales and hiring solutions. LinkedIn is headquartered in Mountain View, California.