NEW YORK – PubMatic (www.pubmatic.com), the digital media platform company for publishers, announced the release of an update of their ad monetization platform. Among the features of the update to the platform is an updated user interface which highlights transactional capabilities. This new UI will enable publishers to also access:
- Multi-layered brand protection tools so that publishers can review creative assets prior to ads running. This tool is specifically designed for publishers who have Private Marketplaces and engage in direct programmatic sales efforts.
- An Advertiser 360 report which provides a complete picture of advertiser spend across guaranteed & non-guaranteed sales channels.
- Unified Insights reporting now can incorporate more than one source of direct sold data to evaluate the complete cycle of revenue activity.
- A Pricing Floor Recommender that evaluates demand to suggest pricing based on a publisher’s inventory revenue history.
- A pricing recommendation tool for advanced pricing and packaging modeling.
- API integration for Unified Insights & the Unified Optimization Engine has been expanded to include XFP and AdTech.
- New API’s for publishers to engage in real-time data transfer to support more ad servers and stay current with the changes in Google’s DFP ad server.
- An open SDK page for publishers so that they can drive revenue on their mobile and tablet apps plus enhanced mobile reporting that includes device and operating system parameters.
Improvements have also been made for buyers of media: there is now a dynamic demand portal for buyers to manage their campaigns through PubMatic and to track total spend.
“This upgrade adds layers of functionality onto our system that will give publishers greater control of all their inventory and at the same time make it easier for our demand partners to access the premium inventory made available by our publisher clients,” says Co-Founder and CEO Rajeev Goel. “Above all, our user interface now has cleaner navigation and improved speed. As a company that believes in human-informed automation, we’ve listened to our clients and given them more control through adding things like the ability to look at ads before they run and determine pricing floors based on past activity. We’ve improved our insights with greater depth of reporting into advertiser and mobile activity as well.”
The release of this set of platform improvements comes during a period of dramatic growth in terms of product development, key personnel additions and funding increases for PubMatic. The company announced a $45 million dollar mezzanine round of funding lead by August Capital that has been earmarked for strategic acquisitions. The company added a VP of Product Development, Dan Rapaport, a VP of Mobile, Bob Walczak, a VP of Human Resources, Lisa Feher, and a general counsel, Nadine Stocklin – all appointed since late spring.
The company experienced 2011 year-over-year revenue growth of 150% and recently expanded into Germany and France. Their last major product releases included PubDirect (audience and deal management, and the ability to dynamically optimize inventory across all sales channels) and PubLink (which helps publishers seamlessly integrate best-of-breed partners to drive efficient execution) and an integrated platform for mobile monetization.
Since 2006, PubMatic has been at the forefront of developing innovative technology to help publishers automate the process of evaluating and selling their advertising inventory. PubMatic (http://www.PubMatic.com) gives premium publishers a real-time media selling platform for managing revenue and brand strategy. PubMatic’s platform combines real-time bidding (RTB), the most comprehensive brand protection tools, unified optimization and audience insights as well as hands-on support to serve the world’s leading publishers. PubMatic is privately held, backed by funding from August Capital, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Nexus Venture Partners, and Helion Ventures, and has offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia.