Content, Data, Mobile, Native Ad, Privacy, Social, Video, Technology, 140 Start-Ups Take Center Stage at World’s Largest Industry Confab
Pam Anderson, Tim Armstrong, Irving Azoff, Charles Barkley, Mario Batali, Rick Boyko, Pete Cashmore, Frank Cooper, Susan Credle, Joanna Coles, Carolyn Everson, Bob Greenberg, Mike Hughes, Arianna Huffington, Kris Jenner, David Jones, Jon Kamen, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Paul Lavoie, Soledad O’Brien, Katherine Oliver, Jonah Peretti, Bob Pittman, Joe Ripp, Robert Rodriguez, Isabella Rossellini, Alan Rusbridger, Josh Sapan, Sheryl Sandberg, Kathleen Saxton, Jeff Smulyan, Sir Martin Sorrell, David Stern, Ron Urbach on leadership agenda
Amy Schumer, AVICII, Cazzette, Fabolous, Funkmaster Flex, Wale & Questlove Headline Evenings
Advertising Week, the world’s largest annual gathering of advertising, marketing and media industry leaders, returns to New York City September 23 – 27, 2013 to celebrate its 10th Anniversary with thought-leadership Seminars and special events that have become synonymous with The Week. Also returning for the second year is the Advertising Week Experience (AWE) technology expo.
“Ten years ago Facebook’s reach was limited to the Harvard campus. There was no BuzzFeed, no HuffPost, no Twitter, no YouTube, and no smartphones or tablets. Technology, with social media and mobile leading the way, is re-shaping the entire industry in real time,” said Matt Scheckner, Executive Director of Advertising Week. “The 10th Anniversary thought leadership agenda tracks where we have been over the last ten years, and plots a course for the next ten as Advertising Week’s global platform presents the world’s best and brightest.”
The thought leadership program is headquartered in Advertising Week’s Times Square Hub with the Times Center, the Liberty Theater, BB Kings Blues Club, and the Hard Rock hosting Seminars on West 41st, 42nd & 43rd Streets, between 7th and 8th Avenues. Seminar content blocks and highlights include:
- Mission Impossible III featuring a first ever conversation with Guardian Editor Alan Rusbridger on privacy and revelations on Edward Snowden
- Cosmopolitan Editor, Joanna Coles leans in with Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg
- Fast Company Editor Bob Safian goes one on one with AOL Chairman & CEO, Tim Armstrong
- Time Inc. presents a live streamed episode of Sports Illustrated’s “SI Now”
- Univision presents film maker Robert Rodriguez
- Arianna Huffington hosts a special extended Seminar on the Third Metric
- The inaugural Native Ad Forum, Cross Screen Summit premiere, the Data Congress returns refreshed and day-long tracks on Mobile, Data, Video and Innovation are added
- Complex, Cosmopolitan and Mental Floss debunk millennials
- Evolution or Revolution I & II present CEO’s from BuzzFeed, Emmis, Clear Channel, Hearst, NCC Media, The New York Times, Time Inc. and USA Today on disruption and re-invention
- London-based Lighthouse Company hosts “Winning” featuring Sir Martin Sorrell and NBA Commissioner David Stern and MLS Commissioner Don Garber
Additional thought leadership content curated exclusively for Advertising Week is presented by a wide range of media partners including:Adweek, AMC, Bloomberg, Business Insider, BuzzFeed, Clear Channel, CNBC, CNET, Complex, Cosmopolitan, Digiday, Fast Company, The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter, The Huffington Post, Mashable, Say Media, Sheknows.com, TechCrunch, and Wired.
Advertising Week’s signature evening special events include:
- Lincoln Center hosts the 10th Anniversary Opening Gala, in partnership with Amazon Media Group
- Funkmaster Flex, Wale & Fabolous perform at “Loud Live!” at the Best Buy Theater on opening night
- Cosmopolitan hosts a special reception celebrating industry women high atop the Hearst Tower
- Ipsos brings their signature “Girls Lounge” to Advertising Week for the first time
- The Battle of the Ad Bands returns to the Highline Ballroom in partnership with Exponential
- Amy Schumer headlines “Stand Up Live” at the Gotham Comedy Club in partnership with NCC Media
- CEO Texas Hold’em Poker returns to the Friars Club in partnership with Zynga & host Chuck Porter
- Avicii headlines Microsoft Live at the Roseland with special guest, Cazzette
- DJ Questlove headlines the Wrap Party at Webster Hall in partnership with InMobi
- Rovio premieres the Angry Birds Star Wars Red Carpet Launch Party at Arena
New and returning corporate and media partners for 2013 include: Adobe, Al Jazeera America, Amazon Media Group, InMobi, Loud Digital Network, Microsoft Advertising, NCC Media, Time Inc., as well as AT&T AdWorks, Facebook, InMobi, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, Pandora, RadiumOne and Zynga.
Additional partners include Acxiom, AMC Networks, AOL, Chegg, Clear Channel, Exponential, Google, The Lighthouse Company, Millennial Media, NBCU, Nielsen, OpenX, PwC, Placewise, Live Nation, Session M, Turn, Twitter and Univision. (Note: A complete list of all the partners may be found at advertisingweek.com.)
Additional program highlights of The Week include:
- AWE, the Advertising Week Experience, presents 140 start-ups
- Advertising Week’s kick-off luncheon hosted with the Ad Club honors Mario Batali, NYC Media Commissioner Katherine Oliver and features a host of industry luminaries contributing essays to a new Advertising Week curated book, “Last Ten/Next Ten”
- The HuffPost Live Stage returns and is joined by live stages hosted with The Guardian and Bloomberg
- An expanded Advertising Week Leadership Breakfast series led by Amazon Media Group
- A special “Future of News” Leadership Breakfast led by Al Jazeera America’s Soledad O’Brien
- Technology guru Shelly Palmer on what’s hot and what’s next in technology
- Aegis’ Nigel Morris sits down with Macy’s CMO, Martine Reardon
- Platinum Rye presents an all-star entertainment seminar featuring Front Line founder, Irving Azoff
- A special conversation with Dreamworks’ Jeffrey Katzenberg
- Universal McCann’s Scott Donaton goes one-on-one with Kris Jenner
- PETA presents pop culture icon/actress, Pamela Anderson
- “The British Are Coming” presents a world class group of UK industry leaders including Google, Wired UK, Mediacom, Spotify, Microsoft, Criteo, The Guardian, Facebook, Karmarama, Hearst and ITV
Major industry trade associations also contribute to Advertising Week, including:
- 4A’s Competitive Edge Series hosted by Nancy Hill returns with special guest, Charles Barkley
- AAF Mosaic Awards returns to Advertising Week once again celebrating diversity
- Advertising Club of New York’s annual kick-off luncheon, returns to the Best Buy Theater
- The Advertising Research Foundation hosts a series of Seminars and Workshops
- GLAAD – Celebrating fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the LGBT community throughout the advertising, marketing and public relations industries.
- IAB’s annual MIXX Conference featuring top industry thought leaders led by Randall Rothenberg & the MIXX Awards honoring digital’s best
- NYMRAD stages both thought leadership content and hosts Advertising Week Connects
- The RAB stages a workshop at BB King’s.
Those wishing to attend Advertising Week X can register now as Delegates or Super Delegates at www.advertisingweek.com. Delegates may attend a broad array of Seminars at The Times Center, Liberty Theater, Hard Rock and BB King’s Blues Club and Grill. Also back again is the Super Delegate program which gains credentialed entry to designated Advertising Week evening events. Advertising Week’s Official App is now available in the iTunes and Google Play stores: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/advertising-week-2013/id689721775?mt=8 All Seminars are streamed, in partnership with MLB Advanced Media, and are free to watch on www.advertisingweek.com.
The complete calendar for The Week is live and is updated frequently as content is added.
About Advertising Week:
Since its creation in 2004, Advertising Week has drawn hundreds of thousands of participants from around the world to New York City for a week long think-tank comprised of over 200 different distinct programs that focus on the power of advertising and its neighboring industries. Above and beyond celebration, the mission of The Week is to inspire young people to join the craft; focus the industry and public at-large on the social impacts of advertising; address the most important issues facing the industry and shine a bright light on the business and economic influence of the advertising, media and marketing industries. The Week is produced by Stillwell Partners. Stillwell also produces Advertising Week Europe which returns to London March 31 – April 4, 2014.
For more information or to register for media credentials visit www.advertisingweek.com.