Digital Luminaries Will Explore New Definitions of Marketing and Advertising in the Transformative Era of Interactive
NEW YORK – Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo!, and Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP, have joined a prestigious roster of speakers who will add luster to the 2013 IAB MIXX Conference, the official interactive event of Advertising Week, produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). The conference will be held on September 23 and 24 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Times Square, New York, NY.
“Advertising is __________? Redefining Marketing in a Digital World”
Mayer will sit down with legendary journalist Charlie Rose on September 24 at 3:45 PM Eastern, for an intimate discussion about her first year with Yahoo!, and how new technologies, platforms and the shifting digital landscape are impacting today’s advertising arena.
Sorrell’s “Fireside Chat” with IAB CEO and President Randall Rothenberg on September 24 at 9:30 am Eastern, will highlight his distinct insights about advertising today and the emerging technologies and platforms that are pushing the “reset button” on the marketing world. This conversation promises to explore the IAB MIXX Conference theme, “Advertising is __________? Redefining Marketing in a Digital World,” investigating the need for new definitions of advertising, as the ecosystem grapples with how to effectively reach and delight consumers in the digital age.
Joining Mayer, Sorrell, Rose and Rothenberg at this year’s conference is a who’s who of leading innovators and pioneers from across the interactive ecosystem:
- Colleen DeCourcy, Global Co-Executive Creative Director, & Dave Luhr, President, Wieden+Kennedy
- David Fischer, Vice President, Business and Marketing Partnerships, Facebook
- Andy Forssell, Acting CEO and Senior Vice President of Content, Hulu
- Randy Kilgore, Senior Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer, Tremor Video
- Brian King, Global Brand Officer, Marriott International
- Michael Lazerow, Chief Marketing Officer, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Salesforce.com
- Susan Lyne, Chief Executive Officer, AOL Brand Group
- Jean-Philippe Maheu, Head, International Brand and Agency Strategy, Twitter
- Richelle Parham, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, North America, eBay
- PJ Pereira, Co-Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Pereira & O’Dell
- Tad Smith, President, Local Mobile, Cablevision Systems Corporation
“Every day, the interactive advertising industry is reinventing itself through barrier-breaking innovation and creative, as well as burgeoning technologies,” said Rothenberg. “Accordingly, it behooves all of us to look anew through the prism and come together to redefine and re-evaluate what advertising is, and marketing’s role in this new paradigm. The amazing array of speakers at this year’s IAB MIXX Conference confirms that it is the premiere event of Advertising Week, as it helps to further the debate, dialogue and future of our industry.”
For more information on the 2013 IAB MIXX Conference, go to iab.net/mixx.
To register to attend, please visit iab.net/mixx/registration.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.