Speakers to address the timely and relevant topic of the intersection of technology and politics
DALLAS – ad:tech New York 2015, the event for modern marketing and media, announced the day one afternoon keynote session titled “A Winning Combination: The Intersection of Technology and Politics,” featuring leading digital tacticians in the political arena from Facebook, Precision Strategies and Rising Tide Interactive on November 4, 2015 at 1 p.m. The keynote will focus on the way technological innovation has significantly impacted how politicians connect with the American public and the effective execution of digital media strategy in the very competitive and high-paced political environment.
“We are thrilled to have secured such an impressive roster of keynote speakers for this fascinating and important topic”
Behind each 2016 presidential candidate is an all-important digital team who amplifies the candidate’s voice and message on various social platforms to ensure it reaches the right voter base. As the media landscape rapidly evolves, so have the analytical capabilities, social media skills and resourcefulness of today’s political campaigns. The three keynote speakers will shed light on how technology and politics work together to ensure the success of high profile campaigns that reach large audiences.
“We are thrilled to have secured such an impressive roster of keynote speakers for this fascinating and important topic,” said Kimberly Dunn, marketing director for ad:tech. “Attendees are sure to be educated during this session on the important role social media plays in modern day American politics.”
The three speakers will bring the following expertise to the ad:tech NY day one keynote:
- As client partner on Facebook’s Government and Politics team, Chase Mohney helps clients in the political and advocacy space leverage Facebook’s capabilities to achieve their goals. Prior to joining Facebook, Chase worked as a senior strategist at Trilogy Interactive, developing and implementing digital strategy with clients like Senators Barbara Boxer and Mark Udall, Governor Jay Inslee, Michelle Nunn, MoveOn, and Let’s Go Oakland.
- Veteran digital campaigner, Laura Olin of Precision Strategies, helped set the editorial voice for the Obama 2012 campaign’s digital communications. As director of the campaign’s social media team, Laura oversaw the strategy for all the president and vice-president’s social media properties achieving several key milestones including growing the campaign’s social media followings by 40 million; raising millions of dollars over social media; pioneering the use of Tumblr, Instagram, Spotify, and Pinterest for presidential campaigns; and creating the most-retweeted and most-liked Twitter and Facebook posts in both networks’ history.
- Partner at Rising Tide Interactive, Stephanie Grasmick Sager is one of the premier digital strategists in progressive politics today. She served as the chief digital strategist for Joe Donnelly, who won the U.S. Senate campaign in 2012 and Oregon’s historic Yes on 92 campaign in 2014, which was awarded a Pollie Award for Best Online Fundraising for a Ballot Initiative. She was recently named one of the top “women to watch” bridging technology and politics in the 2016 election cycle by MSNBC.
ad:tech New York will take place from November 4-5, 2015, and will feature additional keynote speakers from top influencers in the industry. The remaining speakers will be announced in the weeks ahead.
- For more information and details on this year’s keynote sessions, visit: http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/page.cfm/Link=41/t=m/goSection=5_15
- For more information on ad:tech, visit http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/Content/Welcome
- To register for ad:tech New York 2015, visit: http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/Content/Register/3/
- For more information on the conference program agenda, visit: http://www.ad-tech.com/ny/page.cfm/Action=Seminar/libID=1/t=m/goSection=5_10
- Follow @adtech on Twitter
ad:tech is a conference and exhibition where the marketing, technology and media communities come together to share new ways of thinking, build strong partnerships, and define new strategies to address key industry challenges and opportunities. Several annual events around the world focus on top-notch education through keynote speakers, topic-driven panels and workshops as well as showcase the latest products and services to help deepen understanding and create new ideas that will drive business forward. Attendees leave ad:tech with the tools and techniques they need to compete in an ever-changing marketplace. For more information, visit www.ad-tech.com.
ad:tech is owned by dmg events, which was founded in 1989 and now organizes over 80 events in 25 countries each year. Headquartered in Stamford, Conn., it is currently active in North America, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and Australia, employing more than 300 staff. dmg events is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc, one of the largest media companies in the United Kingdom. For more information on dmg events, visit www.dmgevents.com.