London, UK: The Association for Online Publishing has announced entries for its flagship annual awards are now open. Hosted in partnership with PubMatic, the AOP Digital Publishing Awards 2019 will recognise editorial, commercial, partnerships and publishing excellence, during a prestigious ceremony at Old Billingsgate, London, on Thursday 27th June.
Now in their 17th year, the awards are open to publishers, advertisers, agencies, and suppliers with a total of 23 categories, with the addition of a brand new category for 2019. Following the success of AOP’s CRUNCH event in December 2018 which focused on the importance of wellbeing, the Digital Publishing Award for Employer Excellence award has been created to recognise and celebrate companies that promote talent, support employee wellbeing, and focus on diversity and inclusion. This new award is free to enter and open to businesses of all sizes.
The awards will be judged by 30 cross-industry experts, following a submission deadline of 21st March. Nominations can be made online and the shortlist for finalists will be announced on 2nd May 2019.
“In the face of continual change, companies and individuals continue to exhibit skill, determination, and creativity through the delivery of quality digital content,” commented Richard Reeves, Managing Director at AOP. “The introduction of our new award reflects the investment and dedication businesses must demonstrate to attract and retain the best talent and to celebrate employers that provide a nurturing, inclusive environment for staff. The AOP is once again delighted to honour and celebrate this talent and we are excited to see the innovative entries from those who continue to make digital publishing the industry it is today.”
Emma Newman, Vice President, UK at PubMatic, added: “Once again PubMatic is delighted to be the headline sponsor at this year’s Digital Publishing Awards. These continue to recognise excellence and dynamism and we are proud to be associated with these awards, celebrating success across the digital publishing sector.”
Award categories for 2019 include:
- Digital Journalist of the Year
- Digital Editor of the Year
- Digital Editorial Team of the Year: B2B
- Digital Editorial Team of the Year: Consumer
- Best Use of Video or Audio
- Digital Sales Person of the Year
- Digital Sales Team of the Year
- Digital Advertising Operations Team of the Year
- Best Creative Solutions Led/Content Marketing Campaign
- Best Commercial Partnership
- Best Media Technology Partner
- Best Use of Data
- Best Research/Insight Project
- Product Development Team of the Year
- Audience Development Team of the Year
- Best Digital Publishing Innovation
- Digital Publishing Rising Star 2019
- Digital Publishing Award for Employer Excellence (free to enter)
Grand Prix Awards
- Best Online Brand: B2B
- Best Online Brand: Consumer
- Small Digital Publisher of the Year
- Best Digital B2B Publishing Company (invite only)
- Best Digital Consumer Publishing Company (invite only)
- For more information visit: www.ukaop.org/awards2019
About the Association for Online Publishing
The Association for Online Publishing (AOP) is an industry body representing digital publishing companies that create original, branded, quality content. AOP champions the interests of media owners from diverse backgrounds including newspaper and magazine publishing, TV and radio broadcasting, and pure online media. For more information, please visit www.ukaop.org.