Burst Media and the Daily Jolt Launch the Daily Jolt College Ad Network

Burlington, MA-July 17, 2008- Burst Media, a leading provider of advertising representation, services, and technology to independent Web publishers, today announced the launch of the Daily Jolt College Network, a premier online advertising network for advertisers looking to reach college students. The Network is comprised of a select group of college focused web sites: and is anchored by The Daily Jolt – a national network of campus specific web sites run by a team of students on each campus.

“Our partnership with Burst Media provides a unique opportunity that benefits advertisers, publishers, and consumers,” said Mark Miller, Managing Director of The Daily Jolt. “By partnering to create a college focused vertical advertising network, Burst Media provides an experienced national sales team that leverages the Daily Jolt’s brand equity and position in the college marketplace. This will allow publishers and advertisers to reach a broad audience and to provide targeted offers to the right people.”

In a recent Burst Media research study, college students were found to be the only demographic that spends more time online than with any other media type. The Daily Jolt College Network gives brand advertisers an easy solution for reaching these valuable college students and alumni in a single online media buy that provides comprehensive campaign management and consolidated reporting. The partnership will further cement The Daily Jolt’s position as a premier provider of content to college students, and bring the Daily Jolt brand in front of more advertisers looking to reach students across campuses nationwide.

“Working with The Daily Jolt as a partner presents a great opportunity for Burst Media and its clients,” declares Jarvis Coffin, CEO and co-founder of Burst Media. “The audience this network delivers has disposable income, an incredible influence on what’s in and what’s out, and is still developing brand loyalties. The beauty of the Daily Jolt College Network is that it brings this audience together – and will make it easy for advertisers to reach a highly valued target connected to truly great content, all in a single media buy.”

Burst’s Daily Jolt College Network is the third publisher-sponsored ad network to be launched by Burst Network in 2008, following the debut of the RealGM Sports Network and CDKitchen Cooking Network. Access to the Daily Jolt College Network is available only through Burst Network, Burst Media’s brand advertising division. This exclusive offering provides publishers in the network an expert sales team with deep advertiser relationships. Burst Media’s other branded vertical network offerings include the Burst Green Network, Burst Family Travelers Network, Burst Life Stages Network, Burst Early Adopters Network, and Burst Moms Network.

Click here to learn more about the Daily Jolt College Network or visit www.burstmedia.com/dailyjolt.asp.
About The Daily Jolt

The DailyJolt operates a national network of 200 campus-specific web sites run by a team of students on each campus. The Jolt is an authentic student voice – independent of the school’s Administration – featuring Campus Forums, Food Guide, Job Board, Love & Relationships Forums, Marketplace, Movies & Music, Ride Board, Sports, and Technology. The site’s content caters to males and females ages 18-30 that are either in college or have recently graduated. The Daily Jolt was first started by a group of college students from Amherst and Brown in 1999 and currently serves 15 million impressions to 500,000 unique visitors per month.

About Burst Media

An online media and technology company founded in 1995, Burst Media (www.burstmedia.com) is a leading provider of advertising representation, services and technology to independent Web Publishers. Burst Media enables advertisers to reach finely segmented, engaged consumers as they visit Burst’s extensive number of interest-based sub-channels. Through its Burst Network and Burst Direct units, the company represents one of the broadest and deepest offerings of interest-based websites online. Burst also markets its ad management platform, AdConductor™, which empowers content websites, online ad networks, and web portals to manage the complete process of ad sales and service. Burst Media is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, with offices throughout the United States and in London, UK. For more information, visit www.burstmedia.com or call 781.272.5544.