Recognizes Individuals and Organizations for Outstanding Contributions to Promote Growth in the Interactive Advertising Industry
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the winners of the 2011 Sales & Service Excellence Awards. Recognizing outstanding leadership and performance, the IAB Sales Awards are given to individuals and organizations that have demonstrated remarkable success in interactive advertising sales, as determined by the ad buying community. The IAB Service Excellence Awards celebrate outstanding member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made at the fifth IAB Annual Leadership Meeting “Ecosystem 2.0: Beyond Time and Space” at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, where executives from across the digital media and marketing landscape come together to address critical issues, innovations, and ideas that will drive the future of interactive.
Sales Excellence Awards
The Sales Excellence Awards are given by IAB through the IAB Sales Executive Council in partnership with Advertiser Perceptions, Inc., a highly regarded research firm specializing in agency and marketer communities. The council worked with Advertiser Perceptions to develop and field a two-part customer feedback survey to identify the sales organizations and individuals who are viewed by the ad buying community as achieving the highest standards of sales excellence.
Approximately 400 agency and marketer decision-makers responded across two waves of research. The respondents represented a broad cross-section of verticals, including Automotive, CPG, Financial, Retail, and Travel. Each individual respondent spent at least $1 million on online advertising over the last year.
2011 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Long Term Achievement:
- Large digital sales organizations: The New York Times
- Small to mid-size digital sales organizations: Tremor Video
- Most Innovative: Facebook
- Best Newcomer: Millennial Media
- Salesperson of the Year:
- West Coast: SARA MASCALL, Wall Street Journal Digital Network
- Central: LYNSEY DANIEL, Specific Media
- East Coast: MAGGIE EDWARDS, Meebo Inc.
“These winning sales organizations and individual account executives have staked their claims as exceptional leaders in digital media and marketing,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “These awards are based completely on customer feedback, making them a truly revealing measure of their achievements and ability to propel the interactive industry. It is a privilege to bestow this honor on such a deserving circle of winners.”
Service Excellence Awards
The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have demonstrated strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the last year. They are selected from participants in 18 IAB councils and committees, and dozens of working groups, all of whom join from across IAB’s more than 500 member companies.
“This year’s Service Excellence Award winners stood out due to their passion and dedication to IAB and the advertising industry,” said Michael Theodore, Vice President, Member Services, IAB. “They have enthusiastically driven many initiatives to develop, shape, and grow this organization and the entire industry. We honor their individual contributions and achievements.”
2011 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- TEG GRENAGER, Vice President of Products, Adap.tv, PRABHAKER GOYAL, Chief Architect-Consumer Ad Experience Group, Yahoo! and PAYAM SHODJAI, DoubleClick In-Stream and AdSense Video Lead, Google, for their dedication as group co-chairs and leading upgrade work for VAST/VPAID/VMAP
- BRIAN BENEDIK, President, Katz 360, and DOUG STERNE, Vice President of Audio Sales, Pandora, for their hard work leading programming and sponsorship efforts for Digital Audio Agency Day
- NATHAN CARVER, Vice President of Software Development, Crisp Media, ANDREW BREEN, Vice President of Product and Strategic Alliances, Medialets, and ALEX LINDE, Director of Mobile & Tablet Advertising, Yahoo!, for their key roles in the development of MRAID
- ULLA MCGEE, Vice President of Business Development, IDG, for her significant leadership role in creating the Tablet Buyers Guide
- MATT BOYD, Senior Vice President, Western Sales, ValueClick, and ROB RASKO, President, CPX, for their key roles in developing and organizing QAG Day for Agencies
- BORJA PEREZ, Vice President of Integrated Solutions and Integrated Media, Telemundo, for his influential role in speaking and programming conferences on behalf of IAB
- CHRIS MERIDA, Director of Federal Government Affairs, American Express Publishing and BERT GOMEZ, Vice President of Government Relations, Univision Interactive Media, for acting as key promoters and participants in Public Policy initiatives
- BETH UYENCO, Global Research Director, Microsoft, and STEPHANIE FRIED, Vice President of Research Insights and Analytics, NBCU, for their contributions in finalizing best practices based on “Evaluation of Methods Used to Assess Effectiveness of Advertising on the Internet” study
- BRIAN MATTHEWS, Vice President of Digital Media Sales, NBCU, and JOY ROBINS, Vice President of Digital Ad Sales, BBC, for their leadership roles in the First Annual Sales Position Salary Survey
- GREG VINCENT, Ad Performance Management & Optimization, AOL, CONNY MIRZA, Director of Ad Strategy and Development, CBS Interactive, and LIBBY BOWEN, Manager of Ad Operations Support, CBS Interactive, for their key roles in the development of Rich Media Creative Format Guidelines
- ANDREW KRAFT, Senior Vice President, AMP Publisher Solutions, Collective, for leading the Data Lexicon project
- STEVE HICKS, General Counsel, Ziff-Davis, for his considerable contributions in the development and promotion of the Code of Conduct
- JOHN GENNA, Director of Display Product Management, Microsoft, STUART BOSLEY, Senior Solutions Consultant, Google, and LUCA MILANO, Vice President of Product Management, Unicast, for their outstanding leadership roles in the Rising Stars initiative
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.