LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Acxiom® (NASDAQ:ACXM), an enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service company, announced it has joined the Salesforce Analytics Cloud Ecosystem to provide consumer recognition, data assets and value-added analytic insights to users, improving critical decision processes, and driving improvement in overall business results.
“By easily enabling business customers to infuse timely and insightful data into their Salesforce Analytics Cloud experience, businesses will increase the efficiency and precision of their decision-making processes”
One of the biggest challenges in deriving insights from the enormous volumes of data available today is connecting companies’ own data to external data and analytic insights that enable a brand to better understand their customer and deliver better value. While marketers tend to understand consumers’ behaviors around their brand, they struggle to link those behaviors to external characteristics such as propensities to purchase from a competitor or engage in social media, or even describing the consumer’s “path to purchase.”
The Salesforce Analytics Cloud is the first cloud analytics platform designed for every business user, making it easier than ever to experience the value of data to the brand experience in a Privacy-compliant manner, uncover new insights and take action instantly from any device. Acxiom’s integration into the Salesforce Analytics Cloud will empower users to connect representations within their own CRM data of a customer and their households together, and provide additional data about their interests, attitudes, demographics and behavioral propensities. Business users will be empowered to:
• Visualize their customer base easily, comparing it to populations, or segments, from Acxiom’s comprehensive marketing database of consumers;
• Analyze trends in the customer base using industry-specific, world-class data sets;
• Develop the instant insights necessary to make the key decisions for marketing, sales and service, thus improving business results.
Comments on the News
- “By easily enabling business customers to infuse timely and insightful data into their Salesforce Analytics Cloud experience, businesses will increase the efficiency and precision of their decision-making processes,” says Dr. Phil Mui, chief innovation & technology officer, EVP at Acxiom. “As a leading provider of consumer marketing data and analytics, we look forward to continue enabling powerful applications that bring together Salesforce’s best-in-class technology with Acxiom’s superior data and analytics capabilities.”
- “The convergence of mobile, social and cloud computing has sparked a data revolution, and companies today must leverage data-driven insights to connect with their customers in a whole new way,” said Keith Bigelow, senior vice president and general manager, Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Salesforce. “Salesforce Analytics Cloud is the first cloud analytics platform designed for every business user. With partners such as Acxiom joining the Analytics Cloud ecosystem, companies can extend analytics for every business need, making it easier than ever for business customers to experience the value of data instantly, uncover new insights and take action from anywhere.”
Acxiom and Salesforce Analytics Cloud Empower Customers to Transform Data into Business Insight
Business users have long struggled with drawn-out implementation times and the nearly impossible task of tying all of their customer data together. Now, using Acxiom’s powerful customer recognition technology and wealth of privacy-compliant consumer data, Salesforce Analytics Cloud users are enabled to connect the dots across the enterprise and deliver rapid insights. Additionally, Acxiom’s network of partnerships with the most sought after data suppliers in a multitude of industries offers companies the ability to derive insights from data that they would not otherwise be able to access and utilize. Acxiom will help Salesforce Analytics Cloud users to solve complex problems such as:
• Identifying, among their best customers, who may have a propensity to defect to a competitor given an attractive offer;
• Segmenting out customers that have a strong preference for competing brands and marketing to them differently;
• Enhancing inventory planning and merchandising activities by understanding the preferences and propensities of households in the catchment area of a store;
• Establishing the best channel or social media outlet(s) with which to spend marketing dollars.
Salesforce Analytics Cloud Opens Up Insights from Every Data Source—Now Anyone Can Build and Deploy Analytics for Any Business Need
Powered by the Wave Platform, the Salesforce Analytics Cloud enables admins, analysts, IT and developers to work closely with business leaders to empower everyone to make smarter, data-driven decisions in seconds. Wave is natively integrated with the Salesforce1 Platform and shares the same trusted single sign-on, data security and compliance features of the platform. This enables users to quickly drag and drop data from Salesforce, including data from partner apps built on the platform, to deploy sales, service and marketing analytics apps. In addition, developers and IT can use Wave APIs and other data connectors to easily connect to third-party data sources—from structured SAP and Oracle data to unstructured machine and social data. And because Wave is a platform, developers can also build custom analytics apps for any business function, or embed analytics into a new generation of apps and connected products for customers.
Salesforce, Salesforce1 and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, Inc.
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software-as-a-service Company that uniquely fuse trust, experience and scale to fuel data-driven results. For over 40 years, Acxiom has been an innovator in harnessing the most important sources and uses of data to strengthen connections between people, businesses and their partners. Utilizing a channel and media neutral approach, we leverage cutting-edge, data-oriented products and services to maximize customer value. Every week, Acxiom powers more than a trillion transactions that enable better living for people and better results for our 7,000+ global clients. For more information about Acxiom, visit Acxiom.com. Acxiom is a registered trademark of Acxiom Corporation.