San Francisco, CA – April 16, 2008 – ad:tech expositions, LLC, the leading organizer of conferences and exhibitions for the interactive marketing community worldwide, hosted the 11th Annual ad:tech Awards Ceremony on April 15th at Mezzanine, a nightspot in San Francisco. More than 35 award winners were recognized and honored for their creative contributions and 3 marketing veterans were presented with the Industry Achievement Award. Bay Area DJ, E-Rock, played music throughout the night while performing artist, Nick Myerhoff (designer and owner of GIRLRIDER) created a unique graffiti mural.
Award winners will be featured for one year on a dedicated micro site http://www.ad-tech.com/awards/winners/ distributed to media channels, as well as highlighted on the ad:tech Awards web site http://www.ad-tech.com/awards/overview.asp.
The 2008 Industry Achievers:
Pete Blackshaw (Executive VP, Digital Strategic Services, Nielsen Online) has been an industry leader since co-leading p&g’s interactive marketing efforts. He founded PlanetFeedback.com, coined the term “consumer-generated media,” and co-founded the Word-of-Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA). He also has a forthcoming book, “Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3000”.
Kate Thorp (CEO of Real Girls Media) was named one of the Top 25 Women to Watch by Advertising Age (1998) and a Media All Star by OMMA (2005). She was also inducted into the AAF Hall of Achievement for executives under 40 (2000).
Rich LeFurgy (General Partner of Archer) was recognized by USA Today as “the Johnny Appleseed of Online Advertising” (1998), was inducted into Advertising Age’s Interactive Hall of Fame (2000), and received the IAB’s Lifetime Achievement Award (2004). Rich is the Founding Chairman of the Interactive Advertising Bureau and remains active in the trade association since it’s founding in 1996.
The 2008 Limelight Award Winners:
* Best Banner Ad: WaMu Friendly Banner, Avenue A | Razorfish
* Best Interactive Broadcast Ad: Nissan Rogue Campaign, TBWAChiatDayTequila
* Best Large Format or Overlay Ad: Assassin’s Creed Roadblock, AKQA
* Best Next Generation Ad: HEMA Rube Goldberg Viral, CCCP
* Best Use of Rich Media: HP Gwen Stefani Yahoo Paper Dolls, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
* Best Affiliate Marketing Campaign: Moosejaw – Growth and Profit, Schaaf Consulting
* Best Branding Campaign: eBay – Renew & Rethink, Agency.com
* Best Business-to-Business Campaign: EyeWonder Client Testimonials, EyeWonder
* Best Consumer Campaign: Nokia Jealous Computers, These Days
* Best Direct Response Campaign: Soccer Club Sells Seats with DRC, eStara
* Best Email Marketing Campaign: Sun APAC Re-engagement, Acxiom Digital
* Best Integrated Campaign: Heinz Top This TV Challenge Website, Smith Brothers Agency
* Best Mobile Campaign: Motorola “Say Goodbye”, The Hyperfactory & Ogilvy
* Best Multi-Cultural Campaign: Vivemejor, Media 8 Digital Marketing
* Best Social Media Marketing Campaign: Bamboo on Facebook, Guerilla PR
* Best Word of Mouth Campaign: Elf Yourself, EVB & Toy
* Best Campaign Optimization: Lincoln Educational Services, iCrossing
The 2008 Limelight Award Winners (continued):
* Best Search Engine Optimization Strategy/Campaign: Millennium & Copthorne SEO Campaign, eMarketingEye (Pvt) Ltd
* Best Search Marketing Strategy/Campaign: HGTV Design Star Marketing Loop, Scripps Networks
* Best Business-to-Business Marketing Web Site: Mullen.com, Mullen
* Best Business-to-Business Transaction Web Site: FurnishedQuarters.com, The Buddy Group
* Best Business-to-Consumer Marketing Web Site: HP Serena Williams Site, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
* Best Business-to-Consumer Transaction Web Site: Virgin America, ROKKAN
* Best Micro Site: Every journey needs a Journal, T3
* Best User Defined Experience: DesignMyRoom Website, andCulture
* Best of Show: Elf Yourself, EVB & Toy
The 2008 People’s Choice Award Winners:
* Best Banner Ad: Blue Shield of California Headbanger Banner, TAXI, Inc.
* Best Interactive Broadcast Ad: Ubisoft Rayman Video Inventory Ad, AdMission Corporation
* Best Large Format or Overlay Ad: Flight of the Conchords, Deep Focus
* Best Next Generation Ad: Motorola Rockstarizer, Draftfcb
* Best Use of Rich Media: Taco Fu, Blockdot and Draftfcb
* Best Business-to-Consumer Marketing Web Site: Breville Concept to Kitchen, Avenue A | Razorfish
* Best Business-to-Consumer Transaction Web Site: Virgin America, ROKKAN
* Best Business-to-Business Marketing Web Site: Business Breakthrough, Visa
* Best Business-to-Business Transaction Web Site: ADSDAQ Selling Desk, ADSDAQ by ContextWeb
* Best Micro Site: Funship Island, Avenue A | Razorfish
* Best User Defined Experience: Elf Yourself, EVB & Toy
“The ad:tech Awards play an important role in recognizing excellent work in the industry,” states Sarah Fay, CEO of Carat; CEO of Isobar US and member of the ad:tech Awards Judges Panel. “We can see where digital marketing is headed, through the work of our most vibrant agencies and marketers. As a judge, I was able to get a broad perspective of the work our industry is turning out. It was a great opportunity to see where the bar is set – and it is encouraging to see how high that bar is!”
The 2008 ad:tech Awards program broke previous records, receiving more than 490 submissions. The Awards Panel of Judges were responsible for reviewing and scoring all of the entries submitted to the program. This Panel included 110 of the top industry players from companies such as Tribal DDB, ARF, Yahoo!, Organic, DoubleClick, Real Branding, Jetset Studios, Nike, Facebook and CNET Networks Inc., to name a few.
“I was thrilled to be a part of the judging process,” states Russell Scott, CEO, Creative Director, Jetset Studios. “After reviewing all of the entries, I truly believe that we work in the most creative, dynamic and innovative industry on the planet. To be able to give someone a smile with a few well-placed pixels and a couple of sound files is nothing short of miraculous.”
About ad:tech: ad:tech expositions, LLC is the leading organizer of conferences and exhibitions for the interactive marketing community worldwide. ad:tech produces the world’s largest interactive marketing events held in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, London, Paris, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. ad:tech is produced by dmg world media; based out of the company’s headquarters in Larkspur, California. For listings of exhibitors, speakers, events and upcoming conference offerings, visit www.ad-tech.com.
About dmg world media: An international exhibition and publishing company, dmg world media produces over 300 market-leading trade exhibitions, consumer shows and fairs each year and publishes 45 related magazines, newspapers, directories and market reports. dmg world media employs 700 people and maintains a worldwide presence through more than 30 offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, the United Arab Emirates, China, India, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. dmg world media is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail and General Trust plc (DMGT), one of the largest and most successful media companies in the United Kingdom. Additional information on dmg world media can be found at www.dmgworldmedia.com.